For some reason Speck's wake time keeps creeping earlier. For a long time it was 7 am, and often I actually had to wake him up at that time to keep him on track for his nap.
But for a month or so now he's been creeping back and back: 6:30, 6:15, 5:30...and this morning he started meeping at 4:50?! Actually what woke me was a thud. I jumped up fearing he had crawled out of the crib, or maybe the crib rail had fallen down due to being sloppily raised last night. The truth was less dramatic and more amusing. I found him at one end of the crib, hand through the rails trying to reach the Diaper Genie he had knocked over. DH of course slept blissfully through all of this.
I've tried several things to get him to sleep till at least 6, with mixed success. I think maybe he is getting so close to walking that it is making it hard for him to re-settle when he's had mostly a full night of rest. I have read several places that babies often have sleep disruptions right before a big developmental milestone. Anyway, my procedure today has been to tell him it's sleepy time and leave him in the crib. He's not even crying, only doing low-level fussing. I'm checking in every so often. If I find him sitting up at the next check I guess I will get him up, change the diaper, and rock him a little.
He's asleep! W00t!
But for a month or so now he's been creeping back and back: 6:30, 6:15, 5:30...and this morning he started meeping at 4:50?! Actually what woke me was a thud. I jumped up fearing he had crawled out of the crib, or maybe the crib rail had fallen down due to being sloppily raised last night. The truth was less dramatic and more amusing. I found him at one end of the crib, hand through the rails trying to reach the Diaper Genie he had knocked over. DH of course slept blissfully through all of this.
I've tried several things to get him to sleep till at least 6, with mixed success. I think maybe he is getting so close to walking that it is making it hard for him to re-settle when he's had mostly a full night of rest. I have read several places that babies often have sleep disruptions right before a big developmental milestone. Anyway, my procedure today has been to tell him it's sleepy time and leave him in the crib. He's not even crying, only doing low-level fussing. I'm checking in every so often. If I find him sitting up at the next check I guess I will get him up, change the diaper, and rock him a little.
He's asleep! W00t!
BTW, this picture is from a couple weeks ago. Us grownups went to check on Speck before going to bed one night and discovered him sound asleep on his knees. Pretty frickin cute. Note Mr. Floppy Ears in the corner.
No comments:
Post a Comment