
I want to 'talk' but am having trouble saying nice things...so I'm going to just quote some verses that are pinging around in my head, in hopes that they will settle in my brain.
"Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth." (Colossians 3:2 ESV)
"But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth." (Colossians 3:8 ESV)
"Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful." (Colossians 3:12-15 ESV)
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." (Galatians 5:22, 23 ESV)
"Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath!
Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil." (Psalm 37:8 ESV)
I've been writing the fruit of the spirit on my arm lately anyway and I think I really need to do it again today.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment