Thursday, March 4, 2010

La Dolce Vita








So. 2 kids now. Every day is still a big question mark at this point. I still haven't quite smoothed out all the wrinkles so that I can rely on any kind of schedule. Thus far I have managed to get everyone fed and watered and mostly on time to appointments...but the 'how' is a mystery.





I cope quite well as long as I don't get too hung up on my own agenda; when I start wanting to get a particular chore done, or wanting Cameron to sleep on my schedule, well then it gets ugly. I have to take deep breaths and remind myself that this is where we are right now. It is temporary. Part of me doesn't like that line of logic, because I don't like to find myself wishing time would pass faster. Little ones grow so desperately fast, I should want to slow things down and enjoy these fleeting moments. But then again, I am only me, and I happen to be someone who really likes to sleep and who is not particularly crazy about interacting with tiny babies. Yes, of course, Cameron is adorable and precious and I love my kids madly. Insert your favorite reassuring disclaimer here. But baby wrangling does not come naturally to me. It always feels like 'work'. I have come to realize that is just my fundamental nature and is not going to change.


In a funny way, giving myself permission to admit this helps me relax and enjoy the days more.




All that navel-gazing aside, I really only meant to say that things are good around here. My husband is awesome, my son is hilarious, my daughter is perfect. Life is sweet.




1 comment:

Lighthouse Photography said...

Sounds like you are starting to find your feet. She looks like a cutie!