Wednesday, January 7, 2009

In with the New


I haven't been taking too many pictures lately, much less posting. I spent my Christmas money on a couple new toys, so among other things I have been proccupied with those. First of all I got myself some digital scrapbook software. I know, I know. Scrapbooking?! Me??!! But I have begun to realize that I want to do something creative with all these many many photos of Spencer. Well, something besides the blog. And with the software I don't have to buy or store all those piles of cutesy little buttons and bows and brads and such (embellishments is what the scrappers call 'em). Anyway, I've got lots to learn about it but so far I'm pleased. And I promise to never paste my car with bumper stickers proclaiming my scrap-happiness.
The other new hobby I'm trying on for size is knitting. I know, I know. Knitting?!? Me??!! It's a good thing I never joined any of those feminist groups in college as they would surely be revoking my membership now. But the truth is I have always been someone who likes things that are both practical and pretty, so learning to knit is not that big a leap. I think I originally got the idea to try it when I was at the Fall craft fair and struck up a conversation with a vendor who was selling the most lovely knitted items. My life seems so crazy sometimes, but with a kind of hurry-up-and-wait element, I have been craving a hobby that is both peaceful and active. Something I can carry around, something that is pleasant but also functional. Maybe I'm over-analyzing, and perhaps I won't get very far with it anyway. Thus far all I've learned is how to cast on, which really means I have yet to do any *actual* knitting. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

2 comments:

troub95 said...

Knitting? Scrapbooking? When did the pod people arrive? Have you been drinking the kool-aid?

Just kidding - can't wait to see what you make!

Colleen said...

what digital/on-line scrapbooking are you using? I am interested in doing that but there are jsut so many options out there.