Saturday, October 25, 2008

Word up

Spencer is speaking (and signing) a lot more these days. His words are still indistinct but we can usually figure out what he means. The signing helps a good bit. When he says "dah" and I can't tell whether he means "dog" or "daddy", he will show me the sign. I said I wanted to start a list of the words Spencer is now saying, to which DH replied "what's the point? It's not like he's going to stop saying them." But I want to look back and remember, so here is a list, incomplete and in no particular order:

I linked the ones he is signing to an ASL online video dictionary in case anyone (I love you Brandi!) is curious. Just like his speech, his signs are mostly approximations right now. When he signs "daddy", it looks like he is just whacking himself in the head. But we are communicating quite well and he seems to enjoy it. I will probably come back and edit this post over the next week or so as I think of more words to add.

1 comment:

B said...

Guess I'm going to be learning sign language now. :-)