Thursday, October 9, 2008

E-I-E-I-O




Today we took a trip to the petting zoo with our MOMS club. Speck had tons of fun, but the funny thing was that he was only moderately interested in the animals. What he found really cool was the playground, in particular the above area which I have dubbed the "truck cage". I assume it used to house bunnies, but now is home to assorted Tonkas. He spent quite a lot of time playing happily inside, and at one point actually cried when I got him out...very unusual for him.

Don't get me wrong, he did like the animals. He went into squeals of delight when nuzzled by Maybelline the fawn. But I bet if we go back this time next year he will have more fun. And I can let him feed the animals without having to worry that he will try and eat it himself...

1 comment:

B said...

Was this Old MacDonald's on 72? I've been thinking about taking the kids for a couple of years, but I was afraid there wouldn't be enough to keep them interested.
Glad he had fun.