Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cheap Doesn't Always Save

I like to save money as much as anyone, especially since I left my job to take care of Spencer. So I try to cut costs when I can; I use coupons, buy the store brand, etc. The idea of paying hundreds of dollars for a purse because it happens to say Kate Spade just leaves me scratching my head.
But over the years I have developed a short list of items where I think you really do get what you pay for, and buying the cheap stuff will only cause heartache:
  • toilet paper
  • garbage bags
  • sports bras
  • body armor (purely speculative)

So how about y'all? Anybody got one to add? (Brandi dear I guess this means you, as I can't convince anyone else to leave comments...)

1 comment:

B said...

You know I agree whole heartedly with you on your list! Nothing like some rough paper on the nether regions. I would only add beer to that list. As you and S both know, I'm a beer snob and just can't get my head around the American made stuff. Does this make me a commie? Should I be watching out for McCarthy to rise from the grave?

Just a little shout out to everyone else - comment, comment, comment!!

Love you all