At bathtime I marched in his room intent on my agenda and began barking orders, as in, 'clean this up,' and 'get undressed,' and 'hurry up!'
He obeyed with good cheer but no great speed, as usual. Before he got far I realized I had gone about things a bit rudely. So I apologized for being such a drill sergeant and asked what he was doing.
He was playing with his eggs. He asked me, smile sweet and eyes bright, if I would like to play with them tomorrow, with him.
Oh yes. Yes I would indeed.
He said we could have our very own egg hunt in the house. And then he told me all about the special hiding place he had come up with. When I pointed out that hiding places aren't secret anymore if you tell, he got thoughtful.
'Ok then mommy, never mind what I told you. You can look somewhere else.'
I'm doing a poor job of capturing the moment, but it was both funny and sweet. I'm so glad I didn't miss it.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment