Yesterday in church waiting for the service to start, Spencer said 'tell me who Jesus is?' This is a common conversational tactic of his by the way; he will ask repeatedly about a name or object he has heard us discussing.
Anyway, I looked at Shane, who stuck his nose in the hymnal and feigned deafness. So I tried to come up with a 2-minute gospel story for a 3 year old, and in that I mentioned that Jesus died in our place. Spencer said 'in our place?' When I said yes he looked puzzled and patted our chairs, saying 'this is our place!' Then it dawned on me that he thought I meant in our usual seats at church. So I guess we have some more work to do on those concepts. Last week when we had McDs for lunch he seemed to think that if we asked nicely Jesus would make us some more burgers and fries like he did with the loaves and fishes. So I will keep trying...
1 comment:
That is sweet! Love the picks in the previous post.
Bran Muffin
Post a Comment