Cameron is trying so hard to move. She's been rolling over for about 3 weeks now and every day she gets noticeably closer to mobility. For a while there she was like some kind of goofy trick toy; every time you put her down on her back, surprise! she would flip right over onto her tummy. Amusing, but it made diaper changes somewhat challenging. Plus naps have gotten bumpy, as she is liable to flip over to her tummy whenever she wakes up even the tiniest bit. And then she can't go back to sleep. Sigh.
At this point, although she is still apt to roll over any time she's on her back, she isn't quite as persistent about it. I assume now that she has mastered it, she does not feel as compelled. Now she is more focused on what happens after the flip. This kid wants to crawl. We've already seen her scooting backwards a few times. I feel like any day now I'm going to leave the room briefly (what? I do have to go to the potty sometimes.) and when I return she is going to be on the couch with the remote control, asking why we don't have Nickelodeon.
I can't decide whether it will be a check in the "good' or 'bad' column when she finally figures out how to put it all together and crawl. Of course I know she must grow up, and I really think she will be a happier kid once she can get around on her own power. BUT I have this sinking feeling that she is going to be into everything in a way that Spencer never really was. He always wants company when he explores new things; I fear that Cameron is going to be a kid who makes me run to find her when she is quiet for too long.
But that's the thing about parenting. Nothing is ever just one thing; there's always an other hand, there is always the bitter with the sweet. Maybe it's true about life in general and I'm just getting a front row seat now.
Happy 4th of July! And Happy Anniversary to some dear friends I have not seen in too too long. B, you'll tell them for me won't you?
1 comment:
Already taken care of Mon; the 4th was good and Mom & Dad had a great 41st anniversary.
Cam is getting so big!!
Bran
Post a Comment