I want to offer a heartfelt thank you and apology to anyone who has listened to me whine about being sick or tired, or has otherwise been abused by me over the past couple months. I am feeling much, much better, almost like a new person. Thank you for your patience and your prayers.
So now that I have some energy again, I find myself trying to hop right back on the treadmill of spending too much time trying to do too many things, none of which are really important. I worry and fret and make lists and lose the lists and then ruin the supper and lose my patience with Spencer and then realize I forgot to get dog food and also I STILL need to file our tax return and OMG there is an economic crisis going on and a new administration that half the people I know think is a minor deity and the other half think is sending the country straight to H-E-Double hockey sticks and…
Well, you get the picture. So tonight I went for a little run (I am feeling so much better that I’m actually exercising again, albeit very awkwardly) and I started thinking about some of this stuff and I realized again a truth that I know, but which often gets buried under all the daily grind: God is ENOUGH. He will provide. Whatever I need, be it physical or mental, He will provide it. In my imperfection I may not truly understand what I need, nor recognize it when I receive it. But God knows and meets my true needs even when I fail to see.
I came home and decided to find some scriptures that apply. There are lots more of course, and you might come up with some better ones. Feel free to post them in the comments if you like.
Mat 6:33 But above all pursue his kingdom and righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Mat 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened for you.
Mat 7:8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
Rom 8:32 Indeed, he who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all — how will he not also, along with him, freely give us all things?
2Co 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is enough for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Php 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything. Instead, in every situation, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, tell your requests to God.
Php 4:7 And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Php 4:13 I am able to do all things through the one who strengthens me.
Php 4:19 And my God will supply your every need according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Heb 4:16 Therefore let us confidently approach the throne of grace to receive mercy and find grace whenever we need help.
Lam 3:22 The LORD's loyal kindness never ceases;
his compassions never end.
Lam 3:23 They are fresh every morning;
your faithfulness is abundant!
Lam 3:24 "My portion is the LORD," I have said to myself,
so I will put my hope in him.
1 comment:
Those are some of my favorite passages in the bible. You know, I get so busy and stressed with life too that I forget that I don't have to carry all of these burdens myself. He already carried them for me. And what a better time to remember that than this weekend. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment