Tuesday, February 3, 2009

10 Favorite Things About Mommyhood

He makes this squinty face when especially pleased with himself.


Helping daddy bring in the "firewood".
10. Looking at the world from my kid's perspective makes me realize how many cool things there are to see. Bugs are cool. Rocks are cool. Pine cones are totally cool. I could go on...
9. Hearing him say "Hey!" when I go in his room first thing in the morning...and realizing he sounds just like me.
8. The way he smells, even when he needs a bath. I am convinced I can even *smell* when he is sick.
7. Finding out that even though it's a much tougher gig than I imagined, I am not doing a bad job. So far. I think.
6. The new Mom friends I have made and old friends I have become closer to.
5. Watching his personality emerge and trying to decide whether this or that trait is like me or like his dad.
4. Confirming my theory that my husband would be the best daddy ever, even though he was reluctant to have children. I actually think I underestimated him.
3. Being able to make peace with my body in a new way and feeling kind of impressed that it managed all the hard tasks I asked of it.
2. Becoming a parent has helped me generally relax and lighten up about a lot of things. It does bring a whole new set of anxieties, but that is a top 10 for another day.
1. His weird little Daffy Duck giggle. Every time he laughs I feel like the Grinch hearing the Whos singing...my heart grows about 12 sizes.
(stolen from my Facebook notes)

1 comment:

troub95 said...

I told you you were going to love seeing things from his perspective! And I so believe that you can "smell" when he is sick. I'm so glad that you are enjoying your ride.