Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wednesday AM Report


Me: so far we are having a good day. Speck slept till around 7, so I was able to get crock pot going and take a quick shower. after eating he played for over an hour. he is starting to move around enough to play with his toys now. he is kicking/hitting things accidentally, but he does seem interested when he gets music and lights. i just fed him again, so we have a few minutes to get things together before heading to our La Leche league meeting at 10. he is now in his bouncy seat watching the bubbles and fish and talking to me a bit.


DH: I guess we need to go toy shopping. We need a tonka truck for him to push around.


Me: we made it to our meeting and back. it was kind of interesting...I will probably continue to go, but I'm not sure I have much in common with the other mothers. well, besides the obvious. there are several mothers who use the sling like we have, and they gave me a few pointers. the main meeting topic was about introducing solid food so didn't really apply to us yet. i did hear a few things that were new to me however, such as that a lot of people are allergic to cinnamon. frankly i was a little freaked out by how noisy it was, because of course there were several small kids there. they were running around all over squealing and grinding muffin crumbs into the carpet. Speck slept through most of it, but I had to take him out of the car seat and give him the hold-and-pat treatment because of the noise. he did fall asleep on the way home and is still snoozing now, so I got some lunch. I have some laundry to do and then I will be getting him up for a meal.


DH: What do you mean not much in common? You decided to be a breeder. You'll have to develop things in common with the other baby machines or be ostracized from the herd.


Me: I have tentative plans to meet J. for a run on Monday. Assuming my doctor visit goes ok on Friday and Speck continues to sleep at night like he has been, then my plan is to meet at 4:30 am and try to do 3 miles. Even factoring in that I might have to walk most of the way, that should still get me back here well before 6. I will make sure there are at least 8 oz of milk in the fridge for you just in case. If everything works out ok on Monday, then I may try to add an additional day with a similar schedule, except we may meet here and run through our neighborhood. Then in another week or so I will try to add some other workouts, maybe one of my DVDs or something. There is a weekly mom-and-baby yoga class here in town that I want to investigate also. Once Speck is 3 months then I can go to the gym during the day to round out my schedule. Maybe by that point I can start trying out the jog stroller too. I want him to have a little more head control before we use that gizmo. Plus I haven't quite figured out when I would use it...I don't want to be dragging him out of bed to bob along in the stroller at 5 am, but I'm not sure if it's too hot to keep him out for long later in the day. I may do some trolling online to see how/when other people use theirs and how they dress baby for a run.

No comments: